H1B Transfer while first extension is pending - urgent have expiring job offer


Recommended Posts


can anyone provide me with help on the following situation:

- 1st H1B extension filed by my current employer July 10th, 2011

- 1st H1B expired August 30th, 2011

- USCIS staus is currently: initial review

I now have an offer from a new employer who is willing to transfer my H1-, but they want me to start as soon as possible. Do I need to wait until my extension is approved to start the H1B transfer to the new firm or can they start this immediately?

Would really appreciate any help you can give me. My job offer has a deadline to accept it and I need to know what I should tell this firm. It's my dream job so hope someone can help me.



Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

Hvae you decided what needs to be done? I was also on the same situation. My attorney advised me to be with the employer until the extension is approved. Only after that you will have a valid H1b so that you can transfer that to the new employer. Explain this to the new employer. And to expedite the process, you can tell your current employer that you want to change your processing to premium, so that you can get the extension approved quicker.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.