Working From India While Stamping Is pending

USADreams

@USADreams

I also did the same from India, Singapore, Malaysia and got paid as if I was in the US. According to the attorneys, it is perfectly fine to do it from an immigration perspective.

What you need to take care of is your taxes when you file them next year? International tax laws are apparantely complex and have been suggested to get a good tax attorney.

@rahul408

I don't think you can go to Canada without a valid US visa. I was grilled like anything when I went to Canada several years back for my visa stamping and my previous US visa was expired. They held me for 4 hrs, I missed the flight and boarded the next day flight. It was a big mess. I would still check with a attorney though if this a rule or I was just unlucky that day.

On a different note, unless there is a dire emergency or a very important function that can't happen without ur presence (marriage, etc..), then I would suggest that you rethink about your trip. While there is a very good chance that you will get your visa without any issues in India, there are also chances of a 221g in the current scenario. I also read couple of other posts with your same scenario who got stuck in India.

It will be a nightmare to get stuck with uncertainity and the only thing that will run in your mind then is why you came for stamping.

Originally posted by appa.takkar:

@rahul408

I don't think you can go to Canada without a valid US visa. I was grilled like anything when I went to Canada several years back for my visa stamping and my previous US visa was expired. They held me for 4 hrs, I missed the flight and boarded the next day flight. It was a big mess. I would still check with a attorney though if this a rule or I was just unlucky that day.

On a different note, unless there is a dire emergency or a very important function that can't happen without ur presence (marriage, etc..), then I would suggest that you rethink about your trip. While there is a very good chance that you will get your visa without any issues in India, there are also chances of a 221g in the current scenario. I also read couple of other posts with your same scenario who got stuck in India.

It will be a nightmare to get stuck with uncertainity and the only thing that will run in your mind then is why you came for stamping.

Thanks a lot appa... This really helps!

Archived