ETA 9089 Review Question

ss652

Hello,

In ETA 9089 Form, section J is about Alien information including Education details. My Question is about Year relevant education completed in section J, Line 13. I have completed my Bachelors degree in India in March-2008 and i have applied for Degree certificates in 2009 and got them in Feb-2009. So the Month and Year of Passing in my Degree is given as March 2008, but the degree printed/Signed Date is mentioned as 05th Feb 2009.

My employer prepared Educational Equivalent copy in 2012 when applying for my H1 and that time it was mentioned that the Degree completion is 2008. Again this year, they did Educational Equivalence copy for PERM application and this time it was given as 2009 and they say that because, even though i have completed the requirements in March 2008, the degree is not conferred until Feb 2009.

What should i put in ETA 9089 form under section J Line 13 for Year relevant Education is completed? My Attorney says, we have to put 2009, but i am concerned with that as we already mentioned it as 2008 during my H1 Petition.

Can some help me with this? 

Thanks in advance,

SS

• 2 years later...