HAD A DUI, APPLYING FOR NON IMMIGRANT (R2) VISA

Melissachu

I was initially an F1 student, my dad got an R1 visa and our lawyer advised us to switch my visa from F1 to R2. My R2 visa was granted when I was in the States. Got a DUI in Sept 2016, got a lawyer and completed my 3 months program along with 12 AA meetings. I only have to do 25 hours of comm service and attend a MADD panel. 

I consulted my lawyer if it was okay for me to leave the country for a vacation, and he told me yes. Unfortunately my lawyer is a DUI lawyer and not an immigration lawyer. He did not tell me about the complications of leaving the US if you are on a non immigrant visa.

I left the States thinking I was fine, hence i did not bring any arrests related documents with me other than a certificate of completion of my 3 months program. 

Went to the JAKARTA consulate to get my R2 Visa stamped, was asked about my DUI and i was told to go to a panel physician.

I went there, got my blood drawn and was asked to provide a urine sample, CT scan, and an evaluation by a panel physcian. I guess everything went smoothly, i was interviewed mostly about the DUI. I was also asked if I used drugs and I told them no. 

i went home, and checked my hospital bills. I was charged for " administration fee, consultation with the doctor, RPR, PCR and CR Thorax (chest x ray)" i looked them up online and for RPR and PCR tests, they required blood to carry out those tests. So i was wondering if they even use my urine sample to carry on any tests at all. 

I thought i was going to be drug tested but now im not so sure.

anyway, sorry for the long detailed info, i got a call from the hospital and collected the result of my med check up in a sealed envelope and dropped it off at the RPX drop off loc along with my passport and cert of completion for my 3 months program . i was not asked to give any arrest related document.

it has been 2 business days since i dropped off my passport and med check up + cert, im hoping all goes well as my flight leaves in 6 days.

anyone has any similar experience with this and got their passport stamped? 

Im really anxious right now, all of my famoly members have left to the US. Im all alone here and i dont know what to expect or think.

any additional info or reassurance would be much appreciated! Thank you.

10 hours ago, Melissachu said:

I was initially an F1 student, my dad got an R1 visa and our lawyer advised us to switch my visa from F1 to R2. My R2 visa was granted when I was in the States. Got a DUI in Sept 2016, got a lawyer and completed my 3 months program along with 12 AA meetings. I only have to do 25 hours of comm service and attend a MADD panel. 

I consulted my lawyer if it was okay for me to leave the country for a vacation, and he told me yes. Unfortunately my lawyer is a DUI lawyer and not an immigration lawyer. He did not tell me about the complications of leaving the US if you are on a non immigrant visa.

I left the States thinking I was fine, hence i did not bring any arrests related documents with me other than a certificate of completion of my 3 months program. 

Went to the JAKARTA consulate to get my R2 Visa stamped, was asked about my DUI and i was told to go to a panel physician.

I went there, got my blood drawn and was asked to provide a urine sample, CT scan, and an evaluation by a panel physcian. I guess everything went smoothly, i was interviewed mostly about the DUI. I was also asked if I used drugs and I told them no. 

i went home, and checked my hospital bills. I was charged for " administration fee, consultation with the doctor, RPR, PCR and CR Thorax (chest x ray)" i looked them up online and for RPR and PCR tests, they required blood to carry out those tests. So i was wondering if they even use my urine sample to carry on any tests at all. 

anyway, sorry for the long detailed info, i got a call from the hospital and collected the result of my med check up in a sealed envelope and dropped it off at the RPX drop off loc along with my passport and cert of completion for my 3 months program . i was not asked to give any arrest related document.

it has been 2 business days since i dropped off my passport and med check up + cert, im hoping all goes well as my flight leaves in 6 days.

Im really anxious right now, all of my famoly members have left to the US. Im all alone here and i dont know what to expect or think.

response time varies from country to country . some places take 20 -30 days from day of interview 

dont worry, everything will be fine 

all the best 

let us know how it went 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2017 at 9:03 AM, Melissachu said:

any update ??

Archived