EB2 Porting vs Waiting for EB3 priority Date


Recommended Posts

Hi all


I would need your suggestion on the below matter. Appreciate the same.


1. I applied for a EB3 GC INDIA with a priority date of Nov 30, 2006. I did apply for my i-485 in 2007 and was waiting for my priority date to become current.According to the Sep Visa bulletin my EB3 INDIA date might become current in OCT/NOV 2017.


2. Meanwhile i applied for new GC EB2 case with my new employer last year and my PERM was approved on Jun 10 2017. I am in the process of applying I-140 in premium processing and if everything goes well, my I-140 will be applied by end of Aug and approval received by Mid Sep


Confusion :  Since my (1) EB3 Case is very close to becoming current in the next 2 -3 months my confusion is do i wait to apply my EB2 I-140 for next 2 -3 months to see if my EB3 is becoming current or continue with my EB2 I-140


I don't want to end up in a conflict situation that both my EB3 and EB2 I-485 are becoming active at same period.


Let me your suggestion if somebody has gone thru the same experience. Thanks.

Link to comment

If you are paying attorney fee and uscis fee for I 140, I would wait and not waste $$s for this stupid nonsense gc process. You already waited 10 yrs. I am sure you can wait for another 1-2 months.

Regarding conflicts, I do not think uscis officers would be so dumb to not make out the difference between your 10yrs old EB3 and 1 yr old EB2 case.

Congratulations, finally we see some hope for Indian EB3s.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.