H1B stamping , 2nd time within a month but with new employer

seattle82

I was given a 221 G on a previous employer on July 13, 2017 and there has been no resolution yet.  I am going to the same embassy here in Guadalajara, MX but this time with a new reputed employer and also with an approved 797 / H1B. Do you think going to the same officer & reminding her of who I am will reduce the chances of a 221 G given that my first exchange was kind of memorable ( I am capable of reminding her as my encounter & exchange of documents was an intense discussion) ?  I want to prevent a repetition of the story etc. with a brand new officer although I do understand there is no guarantee ever which is why i want to reduce the risk of a lengthy discussion.

1 hour ago, seattle82 said:

Do you have any experience with this same issue of cancelling the previous application before hand ?

No, but it is known that to get a visa stamp for another company, pending visa applications have to be withdrawn.

Ask your lawyer if you don't believe me.

5 hours ago, JoeF said:

No, but it is known that to get a visa stamp for another company, pending visa applications have to be withdrawn.

Ask your lawyer if you don't believe me.

No I do believe  you if you have the knowledge on this as my lawyer has asked me to just close old at the time of the interview when the officer identifies that there is an old one pending. The is from an immigration team from the reputed company. I want to double check another opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

J

On 8/12/2017 at 11:50 AM, seattle82 said:

I was given a 221 G on a previous employer on July 13, 2017 and there has been no resolution yet.  I am going to the same embassy here in Guadalajara, MX but this time with a new reputed employer and also with an approved 797 / H1B. Do you think going to the same officer & reminding her of who I am will reduce the chances of a 221 G given that my first exchange was kind of memorable ( I am capable of reminding her as my encounter & exchange of documents was an intense discussion) ?  I want to prevent a repetition of the story etc. with a brand new officer although I do understand there is no guarantee ever which is why i want to reduce the risk of a lengthy discussion.

Just a closure to this case. I got my visa approved without closing the existing case. Existing case must not be closed until you appear in front of the officer who will close it for you.  There is no rule that you cannot meet the same officer. I therefore requested the consulate worker who was regulating the lines that I wanted to meet a specific officer to which he agreed. The officer recollected me within seconds and I did not have to repeat  my story. Do what your heart feels is right but also make sure through this forum that what you feel is right is not illegal. An incorrect approach is fine, just not an illegal one. 

Archived