H1B Visa Stamping Experience in Vancouver

KRey

Hi All,

Just wanted to share my recent H1B Visa interview experience at Vancouver US Consulate. It was a very straight forward interview which hardly lasted for a couple of minutes.

I work full time for a fortune 500 company in non-IT field.

Following were the questions asked:

1) How long have you been working for your current employer?

2) What is your Title?

3) What is your Salary?

4) When are you going to get your green card?

For 4th question, I laughed & told VO I have absolutely no idea...waiting in the line for my turn.

Then VO said your Visa is approved.

No documents were asked except for DS160 confirmation, Passport Pic (they need a recent pic - less than 6 months old), Passport, I797.

Also, I went to the Consulate with my mobile phone which I had to deposit it with the security at the entrance. You have to go back to the entrance after the interview is done to collect your phone from where you deposited.

My appointment was at 7:45 AM. Went in approx. 7:30 AM and was out by 8:30 AM.

Good luck!

Thanks

KRey

On 7/28/2017 at 2:28 AM, KRey said:

Hi All,

Just wanted to share my recent H1B Visa interview experience at Vancouver US Consulate. It was a very straight forward interview which hardly lasted for a couple of minutes.

I work full time for a fortune 500 company in non-IT field.

Following were the questions asked:

1) How long have you been working for your current employer?

2) What is your Title?

3) What is your Salary?

4) When are you going to get your green card?

For 4th question, I laughed & told VO I have absolutely no idea...waiting in the line for my turn.

Then VO said your Visa is approved.

No documents were asked except for DS160 confirmation, Passport Pic (they need a recent pic - less than 6 months old), Passport, I797.

Also, I went to the Consulate with my mobile phone which I had to deposit it with the security at the entrance. You have to go back to the entrance after the interview is done to collect your phone from where you deposited.

My appointment was at 7:45 AM. Went in approx. 7:30 AM and was out by 8:30 AM.

Good luck!

Thanks

KRey

Hey KRey, 

Thanks for sharing you experience. I have few questions, can you please share your email address?

Thanks !!! 

5 hours ago, SunJune said:

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. Quick question, how did it go with the border officials once you landed in Vancouver? What did they ask? 

I am planning to fly there in Aug for my stamping and curious to know what they usually ask.

Thanks

Hey SunJune, 

I am also travelling to Vancouver on aug 29th, what date you are travelling?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Folks,

How early did you book the appointment, to get dates in Aug-Sep 2017

What did you select for Question "Are you traveling from another country to apply for a U.S. visa in Canada?" YES or NO?

And if you selected NO, what document did you carry for the proof of legal residence in Canada? Did they even ask about this document?

Appreciate the response.

Archived