Perm Filing Different Attorney but same employer

dakmurrat

Applied Perm (Apr2010 & Mar2011) with one of the attorney. Attorney always say that both cases status are in "Process". But, till now myself or my employer has not checked the status. Attorney is reluctant to disclose the details of login to my employer so that he check the status on his own.

Now, myself & same employer decided to go for another Attorney. With the same position, can I file new PERM with different attorney. MY H1-B visa will end in one & half year and I am running out of time. Pl. suggest at the earliest so that I can switch the Attorney ASAP.

Unfortunately, the DOL does not allow two PERM applications to be filed for the same individual, in the same position with the same employer. Therefore, if you plan to file a new PERM application it will need to be for a legitimately different position than is currently pending. Generally speaking, the PERM process is driven by the employer and therefore the employer should have access to the DOL site to check the status of each application. For additional information, please contact a qualified U.S. immigration attorney knowledgeable in such matters.

Archived