Denial of form I-129

sdpard

Hi,

I am in India.

My USCIS case status is as follows:

Decision Notice Mailed

On April 28, 2017, we denied your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WAC********. We mailed you a decision notice that explains why we denied your case and your options. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your denial notice by May 13, 2017, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

More than a year after applying and 5+months after receiving my RFE response, above is my status now.

I still do not know the reason of denial. Even the RFE I received was very weird because apparently a famous multinational with which I have had no connection other than attending an interview, had filed an L1 visa in my name!!!!!! So USCIS wanted more info about that!!!

Is there any use in filing an appeal?

On 5/1/2017 at 3:36 AM, Attorney_15 said:

Appeals of H1B decisions can take 6 months to a year for a decision, generally speaking. Depending on the nature of the employment and the issues involved, one would decide between re-filing a petition or appealing the decision. One would want to know the reasons for denial to make that decision.

Thank you. Yes, I have not yet received the reason. Will take the next step once I receive.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2017 at 3:36 AM, Attorney_15 said:

Appeals of H1B decisions can take 6 months to a year for a decision, generally speaking. Depending on the nature of the employment and the issues involved, one would decide between re-filing a petition or appealing the decision. One would want to know the reasons for denial to make that decision.

Received the denial notice as per the company. They say the reason stated is quite generic and says that degree is not related to the job or something, which is clearly not the case! Anyway, they said they will file appeal. So, another long wait pending!

• 6 months later...

Archived