Marriage and U.S. Immigration

Attorney_22

This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions regarding marriage and how it affects different aspects of U.S. immigration.    

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.

2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.

3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.

4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.

I have an EAD (based on pending 485 EB2) since last 5 year and working on EAD. I am working with the same employer since i came to USA. Whenever the priority date comes close to my PD, i got RFE for pending 485 asking new medical and employment offer letter which i had provided every time. Now i am planning to change the employer. In this case, at the time of employer change do i need to submit Form J signed by new employer OR should i wait till i get a RFE asking updated medical and employment proof again? In other word, do i need to initiate from my side and send FORM-J signed by new employer OR wait till USCIS ask for it?

Thanks,

B

On 4/28/2017 at 10:26 AM, BhaveshC said:

I have an EAD (based on pending 485 EB2) since last 5 year and working on EAD. I am working with the same employer since i came to USA. Whenever the priority date comes close to my PD, i got RFE for pending 485 asking new medical and employment offer letter which i had provided every time. Now i am planning to change the employer. In this case, at the time of employer change do i need to submit Form J signed by new employer OR should i wait till i get a RFE asking updated medical and employment proof again? In other word, do i need to initiate from my side and send FORM-J signed by new employer OR wait till USCIS ask for it?

Thanks,

B

Since an AC21 notification is still not required unless requested, you can wait for an RFE. However, some prefer to proactively inform USCIS of the job change. Accordingly, you have the choice to decide.  

Archived