H1B transfer with only receipt number


Recommended Posts


I have been laid off from Company A since Feb 03, 2017. My new employer Company B will be filing my H1B transfer using normal processing on April 03. I would like to join Company C sometime late April. Is it possible to transfer the H1B to company C using just the receipt number and a pay stub from Company B? Please clarify.

Thank you very much.

H1B hopeful.

Link to comment

you need at least one approved I 797 petition if you want to transfer your H1 to other employer.

First of all, there is no concept called H1B transfer. It is just applying like new H1 but it is CAP exempt as you already have an approved I797.

Also try to avoid joining any employer merely based on receipt.

This is my opinion and not a legal advice.




Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.