what is the Proedure for H4 I-539 Name correction? spouse left to india with incorrect paperwork.


Recommended Posts

Dear Sir,

I am on H1b and my wife is on H4. i recently changed employment and so we applied for H1 transfer. My wife last name (portion of middle name missing) and first name (one letter missing) was incorrect in I-539, how ever it is our mistake as in the application form while filling.

Problem is that she traveled to India with that paper, returned that I-94. I am going to India for visa stamping (as our visa expired). Do i have to get her name corrected before going to stamping (if so, what is the procedure)or can i go to visa with the same paper work and the name will be stamped in passport as per DS156 application.

Only one thing i did is , i notified USCIS Vermont premium processing unit about this issue before her travel. so there is some record on their side.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.