6th year extension RFE response almost a month in premium processing

ysufyan

My employer applied for 6th year extension based on approved I140 from previous employer. It is been close to a month after he responded to RFE and there is no update. USCIS website does not show any update, when I called USICS I was told I am not authorized person to get updates. Any idea what is happening. Here are detail:

RFE: Prove employer-employee relationship

Center: Vermont Premium Processing

Receipt Date: 7/20/2011

RFE raised: 8/1/2011

RFE Replied: 8/10/2011

Thanks for replies guys.

Bio_fan,

I doubted same earlier ,but my employer confirmed me twice that response has been sent on 8/10/2011. I do not see any change on uscis.gov website. It is over a month now. Employer is too busy to take time out to call USCIS. I called USCIS twice but I was told I am not an authorize person on case to get updates.

DesignFlaw,

The RFE was to prove employer-employee relationship. I work for a client through a preferred vendor. My employer and preferred vendor has a contract but there is no contract/relation b/w end client and my employer. Client is not going to provide any letter.

I got an update, sounds silly though. My employer called USCIS to inquire about update. He was told that RFE response that was sent by fax does not have a bar code with RFE letter and they were not able to assign case back to the officer who rose RFE.

RFE response is sent by overnight mail today which will reach USCIS tomorrow. Hoping to get an approval soon.

I saw status changed to apporved on USCIS website. Here are dates for a snapshot:

Center: Vermont Premium Processing

Receipt Date: 7/20/2011

RFE raised: 8/1/2011

RFE Replied (Fax): 8/10/2011 (USCIS did not received it properly)

RFE: Prove employer-employee relationship

RFE response resent (Mail): 9/15/2011

RFE receipt ack. : 9/19/2011

Approval: 9/23/2011

Good luck to every one! and thanks for responses.

Archived