TRAVELLING TO INDIA

Vijay Vank

Hello,

I am planning to travel to India for the first time ever since I came to the US in 2014. My visa expired in September 2016 but I have a approved H1B petition till September 2019(In my second Extension). This typically means I need to go for stamping (Drop Box). I have a approved I140. My questions is since I need to go for stamping and with the current situation of speculation of change in H1B rules, is it safe to travel or not a good idea to think about it? Help on this is much appreciated.

Vj

Immigration rule changes do not happen overnight....whether thru regulation change or legislative change, the time frame is usually several months to even years. So speculation about H1B rule changes should not affect your near-term-travel decision.

As for the outcome of visa stamping in India, NOBODY can predict anything...each application is dependent on individual circumstances and consular officer's personal evaluation of your application

Thanks for the response.I work for company A and I am subcontracted to the client through another vendor.Now,apart from the client letter that states that I am currently working for them and the duration,do I need to present a letter from my employer as well as my sub contracted vendor?I meant for the drop box.

regards

Vj

Archived