Facilitating workshops on B1/B2 visa


Recommended Posts


My cousin has a 10-year B1/B2 visa, and she is visiting the US soon. While in the US, she wants to to conduct/facilitate workshops as part of a research project. In these workshop sessions, the participants will play some musical instrument and have discussions together.


1. Would either B1 or B2 allow her to do this activity? If not, which visa would be appropriate.

2. If B1/B2 does allow the activity, would it have to be unpaid/voluntary?

3. If it must be unpaid, could the participants directly pay the Indian company that she is conducting the research for?

Thanks in advance for any answers/suggestions!

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.