Staying beyond 6 months


Recommended Posts


   My mother-in-law is holding valid visitor visa and right now at India.

Since I have an infant, I want to explore any possibilities to get her stay in US for 1 year to look after the kid.

Can anyone suggest me the possible options? Otherwise, need to plan just 6 months.

Thank you.

Link to comment

You should understand that providing child care is considered work, and work, whether paid for directly with cash or room and board, is not allowed for B2 visa holders. To fully answer that question, ask yourself ... if your mother was not there to 'help', you would have to PAY for someone else to do the caring....

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.