F2 Out of Status Need help URGENT

Vamshi Chattamoni

Hello,

I was on F1 OPT when I first got my Job and my wife came to US on F2 Visa. Now my H1 has been approved and started since Oct 1st 2016. I have few questions....

1. Is my wife out of Status right now? If yes, can I apply for COS F2 to H4 from USA or do I have to send her back to India for Visa.?

2. If I have to send her back to India, what are the chances of getting the Visa?

3. Is it a good Idea to travel along with her for stamping, so that we both can have the stamping done.?

Can someone please respond ASAP, because it is already late for me to react.

Hope some one gives a prompt reply....!!!

Regards,

Vamshi 

Hello Joef,

Can you kindly reply to the other questions as well please. 

1. Is my wife out of Status right now? If yes, can I apply for COS F2 to H4 from USA or do I have to send her back to India for Visa.?

2. If I have to send her back to India, what are the chances of getting the Visa?

3. Is it a good Idea to travel along with her for stamping, so that we both can have the stamping done.?

Regards,

Vamshi 

As I said, she *is* out of status. What part of "Of course she is out of status" wasn't clear?

A COS is only possible if the person is in valid status.

As for chances for a visa, sorry, my Crystal Ball is out of service. Seriously, we are not officers at the consulate. If your job is legit, and not at one of these shady consulting companies it would certainly help.

Archived