498a and Look out circular

murthyfan007

Hi, my wife filed a 498a case and Indian Police issued a look out circular on my name. Is it safe for me to travel to Canada for US Visa stamp? I am worried that if i go to India directly they will seize my passport and make me run around until i lose my job at the current client location there by making it difficult to get the Visa stamp. I understand the fact that i have to go to India to get this resolved eventually but i am only making it fair by getting my visa first before i go to India.  

is it a Interpol look out circular? If it is a normal Look out circular then it will have no validity in canada and you can safely travel there.

However you will be in all probability be arrested at immigration in indian airport if you go back and as you rightly said they will not allow you to run till case is closed.

Another potential issue which you might face is if you go to embassy for passport renewal. They might have flagged you . Embassy might not renew your passport  

I dont think it will be interpol LOC unless you had inflicted serious injury or death. 

You can easily travel to canada without any trouble. But before returning to india you will need to get this lookout notice fixed or else you will be arrested at airport. And in india 498a charge is worse than murder, you will have to be really lucky if you get a bail .

I would strongly recommend you to get a good lawyer,go to court and get it closed. Other option in out of court settlement.

If they arrest you at airport surely senior officers will be involved and you wont be able to handle it the way things are handled in india :) 

• 2 months later...
On 12/19/2016 at 4:14 PM, murthyfan007 said:

Hi, my wife filed a 498a case and Indian Police issued a look out circular on my name. Is it safe for me to travel to Canada for US Visa stamp? I am worried that if i go to India directly they will seize my passport and make me run around until i lose my job at the current client location there by making it difficult to get the Visa stamp. I understand the fact that i have to go to India to get this resolved eventually but i am only making it fair by getting my visa first before i go to India.  

am also on same boar, can I have your contact details ASAP.

Archived