Transit visa -- Travel to India via Frankfurt/Munich..

sameer24p

Hello,

I am planning to book a ticket for travel to India via Franfurt/Munich (Germany), We wil be traveling in Jul 2017, both mine and my wife's H1B/H4 visa has been stamped and valid until November 2017. Child is US citizen. Our AOS has also been filed in first week of November. I wanted to know for this case, would we require a transit visa for the 3-4 hours of layover at the Franfurt/Munich airport ? We will not be going outside the airport. The requirement says Indian nationals with valid US visa are exceptions to transit visa. Just wanted to double check and confirm on this, appreciate a response on this matter. Thanks in advance..

You and your wife would not be requiring transit visa as long as you have a valid us visa stamped in your passport. I think, but am not sure, that your child being a US citizen should not require the transit visa too.

This exemption is only valid if you have only one stop at frankfurt/Munich airport. 2 stops in EU region does not qualify and you would need transit visa in that case

Archived