H1B Stamping with DUI

judas

Hi, 

I got arrested for DUI in California in the month of February 2016.

I was on student visa then.  I hired an attorney and since my BAC was below 0.08% my charge was reduced to Reckless Driving.
I have paid all the fines court required and completed all the necessary courses.
My H1 was filed this year and it got approved. I am planning on going to India in March 2017 and I had questions about my H1b stamping.

I know I have to take a medical evaluation to get my visa stamped, but i wanted to know about the timeline.
How long does it take to get my passport back form the day i go ti interview?
Also will the processing time vary based on the consulate I choose?

I heard somewhere that Delhi consulate processes faster since they have the finger print information or something(not sure). IS this true?

And is there something I can do that would make the process go faster and I get my passport sooner?
I keep reading that this process takes about 2-3 months I really do not have that much time I Can spend away from work in India.

Thanks in advance

On 11/29/2016 at 10:23 AM, pagladeewana said:

All consulate will take similar time . It took me around 28 days.

In most cases it takes around 20-30 days

Which consulate did u go to?
And do u know for how many days Should I plan to be the consulate city to go through the medical examination and other processes?

• 1 month later...

Hi Judas,

I was following all your posts. I need your help.

Even I got the DUI 4 months back and about to apply OPT Stem extension this month.

Since USCIS asked you for DSO letter and Court disposition letter after applying OPT, Did you send them? Have you got your OPT extension??

Please help me.

Hope you will reply at the earliest.

Thank you.

Archived