EB2 Eligibility

acbharath14

Hi,

I am trying to file for EB2 Perm with my current employer. I graduated with a bachelors degree from Visvesvarya Technological university,India in July 2010.  However, my university issued degree certificate dated 18th Apr 2011.

I joined my first employer on 27th sep 2010 and worked until 21st Dec 2015. Then i changed the employer on 23rd Dec 2015 who is currently trying to process my perm.

So, in total i have an experience of 6 years 2 months. However, my attorney is considering the issued date on my degree certificate as my graduation date and has informed me that i fall short of the 5-years required to qualify for EB-2 by 117 days.

1. However, i have a provisional degree certificate issued by my university which specifies the exact date of degree completion and also mentions that the degree certificate would be awarded at a later point during convocation. Will this help me to prove my experience of 5 years post graduation. 

2. Also, attorney has mentioned that the experience with the current employer cannot be considered towards 5 year requirement for Perm.

Please let me know what are my options in this case in order to qualify under EB2, as i don't want to process under EB3.

• 2 months later...

Hi Bharath,

whatever you employer/attorney said is correct. Your experience with current employer cannot be used.

In order to qualify for EB2 you are left with one option change ur employer, that way experience gained with current employer can be used for EB2 filing with new employer. 

Archived