Visa Stamping at Matamoros, 221g white sheet with no visa denial

sunny7812

We(myself and my wife-h4) have been to H1B visa stamping at Matamoros Mexico on sep 21st, but was given a 221(g) white sheet with "other" option ticked stating to explain change of employer in 2007. And he explained to me that "He doesn't have enough expertise in validating the info, you can go to your home country and explain and get your stamping done". He returned all my documents and our passports back right away. But he did not deny/cancel my existing visa or anything else, so we came back to US with the existing visa and same old I-94 without any issues which is valid till 5th of october 2011..

My concern is, if I am fine in the US continuing to work with the current petition I-797 and I-94 which is valid till oct-2014. And get it stamped next time when I go to India ? Or will I have any issues with my current status in US and with my GC immigration process ?

Will be very helpful, if you can provide a little light on this please.

Well I am similar situation like you

n

Went to Matamoros,Mexico.

1.Went along with my wife.

2.VO issued me 221g white slip with other option ticked with comments "needs to explain my gap for 3.5 months in X yrs.

3.VO advised me he doesn't have a system to verify.

4.Now I am in Hyd India and visa interview scheduled on 09/30

5.The border post at Matamoros has given me a waiver visa with temp.I-94 written with B2 visa until 09/22.

Eventhough you have a valid H1b visa not expired but if you have what I mentioned step 5, you need to leave USA for your home country to get the stamping donw.

I am sorry to hear about that.Did your Visa was valid while entering into USA?

It should be fine because you have entered the US with the same visa.But still Its better to contact your company Attoney.He can guide you in the right direction.

Can you please share your visa experience as I am having my visa stamping in Matamoros on 26th.

Did the bald head VO was your interviwer.

Hello,

In 2007 Did you just move from one compnay to other(H1B transfer for better pay or postition like anyone else) or was there any thing special. Also Did you move to a consulting Comapany from a full time job.

Originally posted by sunny7812:

We(myself and my wife-h4) have been to H1B visa stamping at Matamoros Mexico on sep 21st, but was given a 221(g) white sheet with "other" option ticked stating to explain change of employer in 2007. And he explained to me that "He doesn't have enough expertise in validating the info, you can go to your home country and explain and get your stamping done". He returned all my documents and our passports back right away. But he did not deny/cancel my existing visa or anything else, so we came back to US with the existing visa and same old I-94 without any issues which is valid till 5th of october 2011..

My concern is, if I am fine in the US continuing to work with the current petition I-797 and I-94 which is valid till oct-2014. And get it stamped next time when I go to India ? Or will I have any issues with my current status in US and with my GC immigration process ?

Will be very helpful, if you can provide a little light on this please.

Hi Sunny,

Sorry to hear about your visa. Hope you get thru in India.

I also changed my employer in 2008, but I don't have any valid visa; I do have a valid I797 (approval of extension).

Would like to know if there is any special scenario with you, that prompted the consular to not give visa? Was the change of employer from a full time employer to a consultant? Can we answer for a better pay and better role in project we changed the project?

thanks for the inputs, yes spoke to attorney and yes I am good.

Interview, yes I was interviewed with the same bald guy ctr6, 1 mistake i have done was, he asked me w2's for last 3 yrs, but I gave him the whole set of w2's from day 1 in US, he got confused and confused me too. I suggest just spoon feed the officer, just give what he asks, don't exaggerate anything. But most of folks went to him, its hard to convince him and I am lucky he didnt deny my current visa, hope you guys will get to other counters. Finally I was just told to go to Home country to get ur visa stamped as he doesnt have enough expertise in validating the data.

All the best and god bless u'll.

he will only ask last 3 yrs of w2's, make sure just give 3 yrs w2's. And 1 more suggestion please just go through all the dates from day 1 in US, when did you come to US, when did you start working on your 1st h1, what employers you worked that years etc. He asked me all that, I wasn't well prepared, I really dont remember what I did in 2004. So before night just go over all your profile once, that will build lots of confidence. Good luck!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Sunny,

I am in similar situation like you, I went to mexico matamoros for stamping last week, and the consulate officer asked me questions for 30-45 min verified everything and says she cannot approve visa to me, and she gave a 221g white form, [ she checked the box Other and says 221g] and no visa denial - she didn't do anything to my visa in passport [ no cowp] and she told if DHS allows you to enter USA then you can go to USA. I made through the DHS office at the mexico-usa border and officer gave saw my old visa was not cancelled and I have a valid I-797 and gave me I-94 valid till my new I-797 Date.

Now I sent the same information to my attorney and he says there is some error on Both the USA consulate [ for giving no reason and just handed 221g white ] and DHS officer [ to give I-94 based on my I-797 and not an actual visa approved or not] and asks me to go out of the country and come back within 180 days. I don't understand what to do.

Please can you mail me your email address.. appreciate if we can talk.

Archived