VISA Stamping

dishen

Hi - I am planning to travel to India for vacation on Jan 1st week 2017 for three weeks (Until Jan 20th 2017). My current petition is valid until 2017 Sep 1st. I have changed to new employer in 2014 and do not have valid visa stamped in my passport, am I eligible to travel to India and get the visa stamped?

What will be the minimum valid petition period they are going to consider?

How many months before we can apply for H1B extension? Note - My I140 is also approved.

Hi - I am planning to travel to India for vacation on Jan 1st week 2017 for three weeks (Until Jan 20th 2017). My current petition is valid until 2017 Sep 1st. I have changed to new employer in 2014 and do not have valid visa stamped in my passport, am I eligible to travel to India and get the visa stamped?

** Yes, you are eligible to travel to India and get visa stamped.

** Not sure about minimum, but they will approve it (subject to your interview) till Sept 1 2017.

How many months before we can apply for H1B extension? Note - My I140 is also approved.

** 6 months, and I highly recommend you do that in premium processing. That way, you will have your approval for longer period of time.

On 11/11/2016 at 8:53 PM, dishen said:

Hi - I am planning to travel to India for vacation on Jan 1st week 2017 for three weeks (Until Jan 20th 2017). My current petition is valid until 2017 Sep 1st. I have changed to new employer in 2014 and do not have valid visa stamped in my passport, am I eligible to travel to India and get the visa stamped?

If possible wait till  march 2017.  In march u will be able ter ur h1 extension .grt ur h1 extension in premium processing  and u can go for h1 stamping with New petition . U will get longer validity on visa stamping based on ur h1 extension . Think abt it 

Archived