H4 Stamping in Tijuana

clubipl

Dear members,

I am a citizen of INDIA working in USA on H1B visa. In Dec 2010, I was married  and my wife is also citizen of INDIA. My wife entered USA on H4 visa in Dec 2010 . Stamping for this visa was done in INDIA (New Delhi). Her H4 visa was renewed in Dec 2013 with my H1B extension. We got this renewed visa stamped in Tijuana, Mexico in Feb 2014(valid till mid dec' 2016).

Later in Aug 2014, my wife changed her status to F1 and is currently on OPT extension(valid till mid june' 2018). No visa was stamped for this status.  As a part of my H1B extension( as current H1b expiring on DEC 09' 2016 ) , my wife again applied for her change of status to H4 and her start date for H4 is DEC 10'2017. The visa is already approved by USCIS along with my H1B extension approval.

So essentially my wife is on OPT extension till Dec'09 2016  and will be on H4 visa Dec 10 onwards.

We are planning some vacation in mexico later in December and wondering if my wife is still eligible to go to Tijuana, Mexico to get H4 visa stamped? or she is required to go back to INDIA for getting the visa stamped?

Wondering if anyone on this forum had similar experience and were successfully able to get H4 visa stamped from US consulate in Tijuana. Please share your experiences and opinions.

Appreciate your time on this.

Archived