June/July I-485 approvals, but still waiting for GC: gather here

techmonk

Dear friends,

Just wanted to create a thread for those who got their I-485 approvals in June/July, but not yet received their GCs. Please post your experience, nature of the problem and steps that you have taken. My case is described below.

Got the approval email on July 8th. My lawyer got the orginal copy. My courtesy copy was returned as "undeliverable" and got an email about the "undeliverable notice". Called USCIS and raised two SRs a) one to change the address and b) to have the courtesy copy re-sent. I got a response to a) confirming my address. Yesterday I got a response to b) by mail which reads " your case was approved on July 8, 2011, but TSC is watiing for your biometrics. If you have not been scheduled for a biometrics appointment, you will receive an appointmnet notice as soon there is an avilable data nad time at your local ASC office".

I had given my FPs in 2008. Meanwhile, the online status has gone back from Post-Decision to Initial Review.

Anyone in similar position? Any suggestions on how to handle this?

• 2 weeks later...

June 7th our I485 got approved. TSC is currently waiting for biometrics.Same starndard letter they they will send us biometrics appoiment as soon as it is available and sometimes it will take more than 60 days. Took infopass in Newark NJ but officer told us they r not making any biometrics appoinment. Got our passport stamped for one year.

My spouse has a derivative application for GC based on my EB2. Our priority date was Nov 2006. We became current in July 2011. I received my GC in the mail in the third week of July. No news of spouse's card yet. We have opened an SR in late July, have been asked to call back in September. No RFE. We did get a letter after opening the SR that the case has been assigned to an officer.

Just to recap, we filed in Aug 2007 with a priority date of Nov 2006. My GC was approved and I got the physical card in the mail in late July. My wife's application, however, has seen no progress.

After waiting for the prescribed 30 days after opening an SR, my wife called USCIS to check on the status of her application and SR. She was told that 30 days is not exactly 30 days and she should give them more time to include weekends and holidays. She was also told to call back after another 30 days. She was given the email for TSC and asked to email them and wait 21 days for an email response. Everything seems terribly slow, with 3-4 week response times.

There has been no RFE, she has not been told about any background check. Basically, we have not been told that anything is wrong or missing. Just to wait for 3 - 4 weeks before calling and being asked to wait 3-4 more weeks :)

Wait...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi GCWait & techmonk,

Did you get the GC ?

If not, how do we proceed from here ?

If GCwait has not received his GC even after 90 days from the GC approval date, We need to find a way to awaken the INS to order the card production or find the exact reason for not ordering the card production. Biometrics does not seem to be the reason. If so, INS should have mailed the notice for biometrics.

Let's keep this thread and communication alive to help each other.

Biometrics is the reason as I spoke to second level officer few days ago and she said TSC is waiting for your biometrics. Until they send us new biometrics appoinment I believe they will not order card production. I do not know why it is taking so long for them to send us biometrics appoinment. Infopass is also not helping as here in Newark,NJ they are saying they do not make any biometics appoinment and it should come from TSC..Let see.. I will update to this forum if i got any new updates.

HI @ gcwait

ours PD may 2006

my wife has got same problem before . we raised a SR on June 1st and got a mail from USCIS saying that TSC is waiting for your Boimetrics. afer 2 days my wife called uscis and raised a SR for biometrics

we got biometrics appointment after 3 weeks

she has given Finger prints

after 4 months we got approval on sep 1st and got the cards on 4th sep

my advise call customer service and raise a SR for biometrics, u will get appointment with in 3 weeks.

Thanks

Received Green Card Today

Received 485 approval notice on June 6th. Raised an SR, 30 days after. Got the response that the biometrics is not available and will be sending out the appointment. Raised another SR after 15 days of first response and got a reply that my biometrics got lost when it got transferred from NSC to TSC and they were trying to get the biometrics from NSC. The response also said that i should be receiving the card in 45 days. Not sure why there was different response to the two SR's.

My status changed to card production on 9/21 and today i received the physical card. Hope you all receive the cards soon.

Wife Received her GC yesterday

My wife finally received her GC in the mail yesterday. We got emails and text messages from USCIS last week that her case had changed status. Her online status first changed to "Post Decision Activity" and then to "Decision". This was confusing, but we waited for letter in the mail. We first got the welcome letter in the mail and yesterday, got the GC for her.

Hers was a derivative application based on my EB2 application; I had got my GC in July, but there was no news about her application. I think what helped was reminding the USCIS about the case by raising an SR in July, then following up in August, and also following up over email with the Texas Service Center.

Back when we had heard nothing from USCIS even after an SR, we also had a consultation with a reputed lawyer to ask about what we could do. He recommended sending a completed application to the Ombudsmans office, and then to the local congresswoman's office. We were preparing to do that when we received the welcome notice.

The Murthy forum has been a good place for information during times of uncertainty. Thanks!

Archived