Speeding ticket in Yellowstone national park

dkumar

Hi All, 

Last week i visited Yellowstone national park with family and i got the speeding ticket. Since it was a national park i got speeding ticket with federal court (central violation bureau, CVB)    Initially i was thinking, it is same as just regular speeding ticket but when i went through some discussion online, people are saying lot about this that it will be recorded as class B misdemeanor and it will be recorded as criminal record in history. 

I called them (CVB folks) and ask them and they said they are not reporting any information to insurance and DMV. 

I paid my ticket online. do you think i will have any problem with my immigration process? Please suggest. 

Sounds like you should be fine, but suggest you speak to a lawyer before you apply for immigration benefits such as Visa, GC or citizenship.

If you are a GC holder and will go for citizenship next, make sure to apply for citizenship after 5 years have elapsed since the tickets because only past 5 year history is relevant usually for citizenship apps.

Archived