H1-B Mumbai 221-g

laya17

Hello

I am Laya, I am working in US on H1-B and I have come for my visa stamping to India. I have given my biometrics on 7th september and attended the Visa interview on 8th september. I have been given 221-g on my interview day. The questions asked were: 

Me: Good Morning officer

VO: Good Morning

VO: Passport Please

me: Given the passport

VO: H1-b visa?

Me: Yes

VO: Please give your I-797 form

Me; Given

VO:  your job designation

Me: Clinical Research Associate

VO: was silent and was looking at the computer screen and said 1 min and left the counter and she was back after 2-3 minutes and started typing something on the computer.

VO: do you work for a client or in house project?

me: Client

Vo: who is your client

Me: given my Client's name

VO: where is your work place 

me: New York

VO: what is job description

me: given a brief description of my job responsibilities

VO: what is your salary

me: answered

VO: typed something on the computer handed my passport back and given me white slip saying we cannot issue your visa now as we need some additional documents and handed me over the slip with questions about requested documents which includes employee-employer agreement, employer-Client agreement, client letter telling that there is a vacancy and explaining the project description in detail.

I submitted all documents to the email address mentioned on the slip on 15th september 2016. The case status has not been updated after my interview date though i sent the documents on 15th September. Can anyone please advice how to contact the consulate about the status. The client wants to know when I would be coming back and this stresses me even more. Please advice is there is any way to expedite the process.

On 10/14/2016 at 10:58 AM, laya17 said:

Hello

I am Laya, I am working in US on H1-B and I have come for my visa stamping to India. I have given my biometrics on 7th september and attended the Visa interview on 8th september. I have been given 221-g on my interview day. The questions asked were: 

Me: Good Morning officer

VO: Good Morning

VO: Passport Please

me: Given the passport

VO: H1-b visa?

Me: Yes

VO: Please give your I-797 form

Me; Given

VO:  your job designation

Me: Clinical Research Associate

VO: was silent and was looking at the computer screen and said 1 min and left the counter and she was back after 2-3 minutes and started typing something on the computer.

VO: do you work for a client or in house project?

me: Client

Vo: who is your client

Me: given my Client's name

VO: where is your work place 

me: New York

VO: what is job description

me: given a brief description of my job responsibilities

VO: what is your salary

me: answered

VO: typed something on the computer handed my passport back and given me white slip saying we cannot issue your visa now as we need some additional documents and handed me over the slip with questions about requested documents which includes employee-employer agreement, employer-Client agreement, client letter telling that there is a vacancy and explaining the project description in detail.

I submitted all documents to the email address mentioned on the slip on 15th september 2016. The case status has not been updated after my interview date though i sent the documents on 15th September. Can anyone please advice how to contact the consulate about the status. The client wants to know when I would be coming back and this stresses me even more. Please advice is there is any way to expedite the process.

its quiet common dont panic. u will get ur visa

Hi Laya17,

I had a similar experience at the Chennai consulate and got a blue 221g. They gave the passports back and requested documents from the employer stating that there is a vacancy for me and a detailed project description. The attorney sent the requested documents 3 days later.  Its been almost 2 weeks and theres no change in the dates on the ceac website.  

I just hope it doesnt take too long. The employer might not be as patient as me. 

Please post if you get any updates. 

Thanks,

DSan

On October 14, 2016 at 8:05 PM, Canucks_H1bRenewal said:

Hello, 

I do not know about the Mumbai Consulate, but the Vancouver consulate has been very proactive in replying my email's. I sent a couple of emails to their Administrative Processing unit and got a reply within a few hours.

Wht is the email adress u sent email to that department 

Just a question out of curiosity, i attended interview in Mumbai, so can I contact any other consulate for example hyderabad or vancouver giving my case number and ask them about the status on my 221-g processing? Will it be of any help?

Also another question, when I was reading the cases of 221-g cases online I see that the case date gets updated to the date when the documents were sent. Where as in my case the case updated date is being same as 08sep2016 and I submitted my documents were submitted on 15sep2016. Will that be any problem? please advise. 

• 1 month later...

Hi Laya17, 

Any updates on your case? I interviewed at the Mumbai consulate too on the 18th and they gave me a 221 g. I submitted additional documents on 10/27, did not get an autoreply. SO had to call the other folks and make sure that they had the documents. My status update date has not changed either from 10/18 to the day I submitted additional information 

Is your status approved now? If so, can you please indicate the dates?

Thank you for your time. 

Archived