DS160 question

saggit

Hello Forum members, 

Currently in the 9th year of my h1b previous h1b visa expired in 2013. I have a question regarding filling information on the DS160. Back in 2011 I was given a citation for solicitation (class b misd) , but the charge was amended to lesser charge Disorderly Conduct (class c misd) and subsequently the case was dismissed. So all my court documents show the charge of Diorderly Conduct except the citation. I am planning to go for visa stamping. I have the following questions :

1. What should I put in the explain box on ds160 after I answer the security question as yes... Should I mention the original charge along with amended charge and say case was dismissed (or) just mention  the final amended charge and say the case was dismissed. 

2. When the VO asks to explain what happened,, should I just say 'I had a DC case which was dismissed'. I ask because the original charge isn't on any court document (or) say that i was given citation for original,  but it was amended and dismissed. 

3. Can I go for visa stamping at any consulate rather than my home country (India)  considering the unavailability of appointment dates or is it advisable to wait and goto home country for stamping? (or) is mexico or canada better option than india considering wait times for 221g 

7 hours ago, century_new said:

Hi where you arrested booked and fingerprinted in the police station?

you have to mention Disorder conduct when it asks if you are arrested. 

Get a immigration lawyer letter and certified court disposition

you should visit your home country

Thanks.. I was fingerprinted during formal booking on the initial court date..I have the court certified disposition and lawyer letter as well..

On September 30, 2016 at 9:05 PM, saggit said:

Thanks.. I was fingerprinted during formal booking on the initial court date..I have the court certified disposition and lawyer letter as well..

Okk these documents are sufficient. For port of entry you will be questioned you have to providethe letter and court disposition if asked. 

When are you planning to go for visa stamping? Which indisn consulate?

On 9/30/2016 at 9:05 PM, saggit said:

Let me know how the visa interview went? I am also on same boat as u. What other docs are u planning to carry?

• 1 month later...

Archived