work Authorization for paralegal

shivjeet

Hi,

I have one doubt here. need some clarification. A little background to make you understand my situation.

I did my Master's here in US and currently working full time on OPT (F1-student OPT). I will be married next year and my Wife has BS in LLB (5 years Degree) from India. Currently she is working as an Associate Legal in a company in India specifically in Stressed asset management and restructuring. After our marriage she want to work in U.S without doing LLM. So paralegal is the option I see here. 

But she will enter U.S on my dependent visa which can H4B if i get H1B till next year or it will F1 (Student dependent)VISA. So my question is, will doing a paralegal course will allow her to work her as paralegal on dependent visa? or after doing paralegal course, she will get some authorization to work here in US. I am not very clear with immigration part.

Can anyone throw some light on this?

Shivjeet Deoghare

• 3 weeks later...

What are the ways that I can explore for her to be eligible to work here in US as Paralegal?

I am not sure on what conditions an H4 EAD can be applied.

I need guidance on immigration part only. I mean what are the ways other by which she can work. If not H4, then H4 EAD or anything else ?

Archived