DS160 questions on criminal record

Viji@ml

Hello,

I have been charged on reckless driving and have been summoned to court on Nov 11. I'm on H1B visa currently and  have couple of questions:

1. Can I travel outside the country and be back to US before Nov 11 without any issues?

2. I have to do stamping before I enter US and eligible for Dropbox option. Should I answer yes for question on DS160 on whether I have been convicted of any crime? What would happen if I say No as my case is pending and scheduled only on Nov 11?

Truly Appreciate your response on my above questions

Regards,

viji

23 hours ago, Viji@ml said:

Hello,

I have been charged on reckless driving and have been summoned to court on Nov 11. I'm on H1B visa currently and  have couple of questions:

1. Can I travel outside the country and be back to US before Nov 11 without any issues?

2. I have to do stamping before I enter US and eligible for Dropbox option. Should I answer yes for question on DS160 on whether I have been convicted of any crime? What would happen if I say No as my case is pending and scheduled only on Nov 11?

Truly Appreciate your response on my above questions

Regards,

viji

I think you should be ok.. you can travel and come back.. consult an immigration lawyer before you travel outside of US. Carry letter from court that you can travel outside.

Archived