H1B with dismissed DWI in NJ

Chennu1986

Hi Guys,

I am on H1B working with a US based company and got arrested last November 2015 in NJ(its not Criminal case and its Motor vehicle case) on suspicion of drunk and drive. Even though my BAC is equal to .06 they still charged and booked the case which was later dismissed to reckless driving. 

I have valid Visa till July 2017 and planning to go home for my marriage in November . I dint get any mail from any embassy or authorities about Prudential Visa revocation.

I just want to know if anyone in this forum or anyone whom you know who was in the same boat as mine made it back to US without issues (Having valid Visa with DUI and came back without going for VISA interview)

Before i discuss with my Management and immigration team I want to see and weigh my options...

You are good to go and also remember one thing dont forget to mention in DS-160 arrested yes with court disposition letter which you might be knowing. and also take the letter from the good/Famous  immigration lawyer stating one DUI offense didnt debar your presence/allowance to states... 

But why did police got suspect that you are drunken at that time, hope your experience might helpsome1 to take care ...if you are ok to share..

Hi Suffer.Lifelong,

You mean i can travel back before my current visa (july 2017) gets expired right?

I have the disposition letter stating case was dismissed as there is no evidence that i am Driving under influence of intoxication. 

The Cops suspected as i had red eyes which was due to my tiredness and while partying some guys poured drinks which spilled on me which eventually made me smell like alcoholic..

Hi Suffer.Lifelong,

You mean i can travel back before my current visa (july 2017) gets expired right?

I have the disposition letter stating case was dismissed as there is no evidence that i am Driving under influence of intoxication. 

The Cops suspected as i had red eyes which was due to my tiredness and while partying some guys poured drinks which spilled on me which eventually made me smell like alcoholic..

Bro with my recent kiss with the law here I am advising, you did a good job for getting such a letter, you hardly go to secondary inspection, but 99% you dont have issue because this is not visa specially.

Hardly you sent for secondary inspection thats it...because front system guy only knows issue happened with you when your finger print taken ...where as home land people sitting in 2nd lobby...but dont travel on exact july month only...

Archived