Issues in the PERM Process

Attorney_22

This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions regarding issues people are having with their respective PERM cases.

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.

2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.

3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.

4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.

My Perm was filed on 12/05/2015. Till now it is in pending status. All of my friends from different companies who applied later than me got their Perm approved. Mine is still pending. My Attorney keep saying it will take anywhere upto 9 months to get the perm approved. but I am bit worried. My 6 years is completing this December. Any tips on how to track my perm status better.  I tried DOL Stats and perm checker but no use. Thanks!

My Perm was filed on 12/05/2015. Till now it is in pending status. All of my friends from different companies who applied later than me got their Perm approved. Mine is still pending. My Attorney keep saying it will take anywhere upto 9 months to get the perm approved. but I am bit worried. My 6 years is completing this December. Any tips on how to track my perm status better.  I tried DOL Stats and perm checker but no use. Thanks!

Due to the filing date, I am assuming your labor certification was audited. If it was, then based on current processing times there is a chance it will be adjudicated prior to December. Nonetheless, it may be advisable to file a one year H1B extension now based on the labor being filed more than one year prior to the end of your six years. If you need to discuss this in more detail to assess the best strategy applicable to your situation, it is advisable to speak to an experienced U.S. immigration attorney directly.    

Archived