anyone appearing for stamping in July @ Toronto?

Deep786

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sai,

Yes, VO said my Visa is approved. However, the status shows "Administrative Processing". I am hoping its a standard step before changing to be "Issued". I will keep posted when there is a status change.

Any update on your 221g? Who was your interviewer (counter #)?

Thanks

Hello Venkat

We are family: VO at window #2, lady officer .

Did they  took your passports? any paper they gave to you?

They gave us 221 G yellow slips for admin process.

Second time  renewal same consulate, second time 221g

On line stats says still in AP.

Thanks

-S

Hi Sai, was outside and did not get a chance to update till now. I checked the status on the go, and at around 11am today, my status changed to "Issued" like I hoped. I am hoping there will be an update by Tuesday.

I have seen quiet a few posts online relating to 221G (not necessarily Toronto), and based on them my understanding is the chances of clearing A/P with all the queries answered is pretty high (considering a clean bg). I am sure you would have gone through those posts by now anyways. I am hopeful you will get a positive update, just a matter of time.

Windows 1, 2, 3 were not interviewing for us, they were just checking us in. Windows 4, 5, 6 and last window on left were interviewing. All of them rejected many visas, and gave quiet a number of 221G slips. I have not seen a rejection of H1B visa though as long as I stayed. So, I think 221G is not rare nowadays. Just the exceptional wait times/rejections are rare, and those cases are what we majorly see in the forums, so we should not take the rare scenarios as baseline - its all case by case. This is my take, thought it would make you feel better. with sincere understanding of your situation though.

I have to admit 221G is really frustrating, only ones in that boat can know the pain.. hang in there sir..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived