Applying for US Citizenship with DUI

desi_cz_seeker

Dear Experts,

I am a GC holder and have a DUI (Pending Conviction - which is mostly certain) - no injuries or accidents - first time DUI - 0.13. I hold an Indian Passport, hold a respectable position in my technology career, and have been a law abiding citizen except for this one black mark.

I have few questions:

a) Will the citizenship application most certainly be rejected if my probation for DUI is still active?

b) Will the citizenship application most certainly be rejected if my probation for DUI is complete (3 years) but before 5 years of the DUI conviction is complete?

In a nutshell, does it really make sense to apply for citizenship before 5 years from the date of conviction (assuming no more issues with the Law, and that I have completed all conditions)

If chances of success before 3 years and before 5 years are both gray areas, what are the steps I can follow well in advance to maximize the chances of success? Would volunteering or other activities help here to prove I am a person on good moral character - I would like to know some real and concrete actions that can help.

thank you so much!

regards

Archived