Visiting canada - arrest record for solicitation 647(b) in CA

richard1

Hello All, I was recently booked for solicitation in California (case pending). Can someone advise if there can be any issue at the Canadian immigration? Can i be denied entry? I am planning to fly to Toronto in few weeks on a business trip. Other than this I have a clean record. No DUI. Much Appreciated! Thanks.

Thanks for the responses. I called CBSA and got different answers. Some were in line with your comment; some said it should be ok since they draw parallel to canadian laws, and solicitation is not a crime in canada.

It doesn't matter if it is crime or not in canada. When you try to enter U.S. at POE you could face issues because solicitation is a crime in U.S.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry, I completely forgot after coming back. Anyway...I did not face any issues at the airport. The immigration officer asked the purpose and duration of my trip, I answered the questions and he handed me back the passport and customs form. He did scan my passport while talking, no other question and I was on my way in about a minute. The customs officer took my declaration form down the hall and I was out in no time :) Also no problems entering the US. Hope this helps.

Century no offense, Please thinks positive or tries to avoid scaring the forum people. This much negative thought is not good.

Somewhere you are asking what will happen for soliciting arrest and somewhere you are telling visa will reject.

Anyhow mistake occurred and don’t worry about  future visa interview. Enjoy the present stay in the USA.

We are not an attorney or Visa officer don’t know what will happen. Everything will occur based on luck and POE officer frame of mind. He may approve or deny. 

Century no offense, Please thinks positive or tries to avoid scaring the forum people. This much negative thought is not good.

Somewhere you are asking what will happen for soliciting arrest and somewhere you are telling visa will reject.

Anyhow mistake occurred and don’t worry about future visa interview. Enjoy the present stay in the USA.

We are not an attorney or Visa officer don’t know what will happen. Everything will occur based on luck and POE officer frame of mind. He may approve or deny.

Great so were u on the same boat mr, please_guilty

Anyhow mistake occurred and don’t worry about  future visa interview. Enjoy the present stay in the USA.

Well Said, 

His name should ne scary century, he is very active member good, but most likely -ve rather than +ve . 

Ok so maybe thts why your criminal record did not show up

Generally there should be fingerprinted in canada poe righ?

Canada does not fingerprint US citizens...been there many times at different POEs. They just scan the US passport. In fact, I have never been fingerprinted in any country...and I travel a lot. Please don't mislead people.

Archived