What happened to the VISA inventory report?

kumar67

Any idea why do not they have published any Inventory report after January 5, 2011??

Is it because there is nothing (to report) or it is not important anymore?

They had hold the 12,000 Visa (that was unused from EB1) and was expected to go to EB2. I think they are probably unable to work on this inventory report.

I was hoping for an update, too. I don't think it is gone--there is no indication that future updates will not be provided. I just think they haven't updated it in the past few months.

If you look at the prior updates, it wasn't done on a completely regular basis. They did them in October 2010, May 2010, March 2010, December 2009 and August 2009.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Murthy Law Firm Attorney 6:

I was hoping for an update, too. I don't think it is gone--there is no indication that future updates will not be provided. I just think they haven't updated it in the past few months.

If you look at the prior updates, it wasn't done on a completely regular basis. They did them in October 2010, May 2010, March 2010, December 2009 and August 2009.

Busy USCIS has no time to develope the report is kind of answer that indicates non-efficient or lazy or stressed Government.

• 2 weeks later...

So they have got someone who can alter few numbers (up and down) and produce the VISA inventory report. As per this they have issued only 3,413 visa number (India combine EB2 and EB3) & 1,461 visa number (China combine EB2 and EB3). No effect of 12,000 unused visa number that was likely to do something about the backlog. Showing stylish precaution. Poor record keeping. No idea when we would be able to see "C" for atleast EB2.

• 1 month later...

Hi Gurus,

I am newbie to this jargoon ! Could some help me understand the game here ? As of June 2011, EB2 India I485 is stuck at July 2007. Does this mean people from July 2007 onwards are waiting to file I-485? Given the bulletin of July 2011, cutoff date is March 2007. Say in the coming month bulletin if cutoff date moves to July 2007 how many people will become eligible for filing I-485? Probably no clue? Thanks in advance for the responses.

Nip

If PD moves to 31st July 2007 then who ever had PD prior to 31st July 2007 can file I-485.

You do not see any data after July 2007 in the inventory because of retrogression. After this I-485 filing was done based on the date prior to the date in subsequent Visa Bulletins (meaning always before July 2007).

Archived