h1b by two companies

doubtfeb2013

Hi,

I am working in India, with 12+ yr exp in IT industry. My current employer in India will file H1b this year quota. I also got an offer from USA company to file H1b. Both are different company.

My question is :

Can I file two H1b's with different company ?

What will happen if my two applicaitons go into Lottery system ?

Thanks

Mr. Doubt

Hi,

I am working in India, with 12+ yr exp in IT industry. My current employer in India will file H1b this year quota. I also got an offer from USA company to file H1b. Both are different company.

My question is :

Thanks
Mr. Doubt

Yes, both employers can file H1B petitions.

Both will be processed by USCIS.

Hi,

My question is :

Thanks
Mr. Doubt

Obviously you won't work for two employer, so why don't you go for the one which is better.

• 1 month later...

You won't get a better chance with two applications. There is only one entry in the lottery, even if you have two applications.

This information is completely wrong. I have friend, who's two application from the lottery were selected and approved too. This was last year

This information is completely wrong. I have friend, who's two application from the lottery were selected and approved too. This was last year

And? That is exactly what I've been saying.

Multiple applications do NOT increase the chances.

If a person has multiple applications, they all would get selected. There is no "one selected and the other not."

Multiple applications are counted as one in the lottery.

And nowadays, multiple applications often result in RFEs and audits, due to suspicion of foul play, e.g., the person paying for an H1, which is illegal.

So, again, thanks for verifying what I have been saying.

Multiple applications do NOT increase the chances.

If a person has multiple applications, they all would get selected. There is no "one selected and the other not." Multiple applications are counted as one.

That's not completely wrong. Their are few  cases where mulitple applications are selected. But what in case if they find out multiple petitions and issue RFE's??

That's not completely wrong. Their are few  cases where mulitple applications are selected. But what in case if they find out multiple petitions and issue RFE's??

So What if they issue RFE??? What will they issue RFE about?? If it not a genuine application.. then we need to worry about RFE's n Stuff. If they issue RFE about anything specific, then employer will take of it. Why are you discouraging people, who have genuine multiple offers??

So What if they issue RFE??? What will they issue RFE about?? If it not a genuine application.. then we need to worry about RFE's n Stuff. If they issue RFE about anything specific, then employer will take of it. Why are you discouraging people, who have genuine multiple offers??

The RFEs and audit are issued because it is unlikely that two employers file H1 petitions for the same person. That is something that in real life usually doesn't happen, unless the beneficiary pays for the H1.

In other words, having multiple H1s is usually an indication of fraud.

Now, there may be 0.1% where it is legitimate, but in 99.9% of cases it isn't.

RFE might say that  "we found multiple H1's for this employee, and we need to know some info....." 

If an employer comes to know that their is another job for that employee, will that employer respond to the RFE?? No sane employer will do that as its clear that employee has second thoughts.

And yes, if the applications are genuine then NO NEED TO WORRY.

Archived