Multiple H1 B applications

User261187

Hello All,

I am a graduate student in USA and I filed my H1B las year but my application did not pick up in lottery system. So this year i am planning to file multiple applications from two companies 1 from my current employer with all current project details and 2nd application from another company showing in house project. Here are my questions.

Because of increase in number of applications this year...

1) Will there be any problem if we file multiple H1B's.

2) If yes, How does USCIS process my applications if both get selected in lottery system this year.

3) After lottery process will USCIS reject both applications because of multiple applications for single person.

4) Or if both are processed and both are approved which employer will be my future employer from then.

eg: 1 application approved on april 15. and second application on april 25. so will my H1 will be valid from employer which was approved on april 25.?..

Real situation last year: 1 of my friend applied 2 H1B's. one application approved directly and second application got queries so he simply accepted first and ignored second with RFE.

Please answer my questions clearly.

Thanks

Multiple applications will NOT increase your chances. This is not like the Powerball Lottery.

And no sane employer will pay for an H1 application if they don't have a reasonable expectation of you starting to work for them. Applying through some shady consulting companies will only result in a denial.

Commit to one employer.

Hello All,

I am a graduate student in USA and I filed my H1B las year but my application did not pick up in lottery system. So this year i am planning to file multiple applications from two companies 1 from my current employer with all current project details and 2nd application from another company showing in house project. Here are my questions.

2) If yes, How does USCIS process my applications if both get selected in lottery system this year.

3) After lottery process will USCIS reject both applications because of multiple applications for single person.

4) Or if both are processed and both are approved which employer will be my future employer from then.

eg: 1 application approved on april 15. and second application on april 25. so will my H1 will be valid from employer which was approved on april 25.?..

Real situation last year: 1 of my friend applied 2 H1B's. one application approved directly and second application got queries so he simply accepted first and ignored second with RFE.

Thanks

1. No.

2. They process both in parallel.

3. As long as multiple applications are filed by different employers it is fine but not multiple applications by same employer.

4. You can choose which employer you would like to join.

Thanks Joef and jairichi.

Like i said  My current employer XYZ is filing one application and another application will be submitted from another company ABC.

and Jairichi according to your answer 4. You can choose which employer you would like to join.

can you explain me  how will be the process when both applications are approved. What is the process to choose the employer i like to join..

1) Eg: If i want to continue with my current Employer XYZ. What is the further process.

Thanks Joef and jairichi.

Like i said  My current employer XYZ is filing one application and another application will be submitted from another company ABC.

and Jairichi according to your answer 4. You can choose which employer you would like to join.

can you explain me  how will be the process when both applications are approved. What is the process to choose the employer i like to join..

1) Eg: If i want to continue with my current Employer XYZ. What is the further process.

There is nothing you have to do other than reporting to employer with whom you would like to work. The other employer has the right to sue you for any damages if you have signed a contract mentioning the same.

• 1 month later...

I second Jairichi. Everybody has a right to choose, if there are two offers in your kitty. No body is forcing employer to file H1B. It is employer's choice to file with the required fees, if the candidate is qualified enough. At the end, it is at will employment.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

Thanks

Hi user261187,

Can you share your friends experience in more detail.

Like 1. Which type of questions the second petition got?

2. How was his visa stamping experience?

3. did consular officer ask him about multiple petitions?

Archived