Request of Documents after visa approval

rmdharan

Hi Everyone,

we had our US L1B/L2 visa interview at Toronto, Canada on 12th Dec 2012, Interview went very well and visa was approved and asked us to wait for 4-5 days to recieve passport. But on the sixth working day, we got a mail from Embassy asking us to submit a letter from end client mentioning my position and location of work to proceed further in processing my application. We were shocked to see this mail , since we were expecting a visa stamp in our passport.

I already mailed/faxed them the required documet. Today i went in person and also gave the documents. Today they returned to me our passports and asked us to wait till the decision is taken.

Is this normal ? did anyone face such situation before ? Seniors please let me know how long i need to wait for their decision.

• 3 weeks later...

I got the below reply now, when i had asked for status

Applicant

Action on your application for a nonimmigrant visa (NIV) is suspended under section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended, for further administrative review by the Department of State.

We will inform you of the results of this additional administrative review by email as soon as it is completed. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide any additional information on the status of your visa application at this time.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

U.S. Consulate General Toronto

Archived