H1B Visa Staping visiting 1st time: Critical situation

agnostic1

Hello all,

I have a simple question but seems its not. I just got approved my H1 in 2016 quota (April,2015), I am planning to visit India in November.

My situation as follows:

1) Entered in US in Sep 2012 on F1 visa, for MS in Accounting with a Grand Fellowship full fee waiver, then I changed University after 1 year and completed MS in Project Management, during pursuing MS, on CPT I worked for 9 months and converted it to OPT with same the client and employer and still working with the same client and employer. That means no issues with client letter, vendor letter and pay stubs for last 18 months. I have them.

2) Academic background is different to what I am working: I did Under Grad in Commerce (Bcom), MS in accounting discontinued and but completed MS in project Management in IT and now working as Software Release management Consultant. Certified PMP consultant by PMI

3) H1 just approved, its validate starts form October 1st, but I want to visit India in November 3rd week.

Analyze my case and suggest me that what steps I need to take while visiting. will I get stamping approved? Is there any chances to get rejected or getting query?

Thanks,

Agnostic

1) Entered in US in Sep 2012 on F1 visa, for MS in Accounting with a Grand Fellowship full fee waiver, then I changed University after 1 year and completed MS in Project Management, during pursuing MS, on CPT I worked for 9 months and converted it to OPT with same the client and employer and still working with the same client and employer. That means no issues with client letter, vendor letter and pay stubs for last 18 months. I have them.

So you moved from a good school to some shady univ to work in CPT illegally. That clears everything.

You have abused F1, chances of getting H1 visa are very less, you got your H1 approval now but you are still at risk for abusing F1.

For more information, just do some google search on why working in CPT is illegal.

Archived