Multiple I-140 processing

tanishkaa

Hi,

My PERM is currently pending and my spouse's PERM is approved. At the time of I-140 filing

through spouse I would be filing 140 but my question is if my PERM gets approved through my employer,

1. Can I file 140 through my employer too? Is there any chances of rejection/void at that time ?

2. At the time of I-485 filing will I need to choose which I-140 I will be considering ?

Thanks

Where did you get the information that you can file I -140 at the time of I-140 filing through spouse.

Your spouse's employer will file a I -140 for him/her. You do not have any role in this.

Your employer will file I -140 for you after your PERM approval.

1. If PERM is approved I-140 has to be filed within 180 days otherwise PERM is invalid.

2. I -485 should be filed Whenever PD  gets current for either you or your spouse.

I know at the time of I-140 filing for Spouse , I can file as dependent petition with his application. 

But can I file my I-140 through my employer when my PERM gets approved ? In other words , does USCIS allows two I-140

for same person one as employer based and other as family dependent ?

So whenever anyone from us has current PD at the time of I-485 filling , need to give only 1 I-140 details and need to withdraw

second I-140 . Is that correct ?

You obviuosly do not understand any of the replies posted here. Leave the whole process to you employer/ attorney.

If you "know" at the time of I-140 filing for Spouse , you can file as dependent petition with his application why ask the question. BTW I-140 is only filed for the employee not for entire family.

Same person can have multiple I-140 petitions. No need to withdraw any petition at I-485 stage. Employer files I-140 so you cannot withdraw anything to start with.

I know at the time of I-140 filing for Spouse , I can file as dependent petition with his application.

No, you don't. Where did you get this idea from?

You obviously don't understand the process. You should consult a good lawyer.

Thanks for reply. My employer is really fussy about my whole GC process. I don't want them to make a stand that if you are getting it through your spouse then they will not proceed with my process. and that is reason why I don't ask to attorney since

attorney always listens to employer.

I understand I may not be able understand previous posts and that is reason why I keep asking.

But can I file my I-140 through my employer when my PERM gets approved ? In other words , does USCIS allows two I-140

for same person one as employer based and other as family dependent ?

So whenever anyone from us has current PD at the time of I-485 filling , need to give only 1 I-140 details and need to withdraw

second I-140 . Is that correct ?

So how will you work after 6 yrs of H1 if your I140 is not filed??

Archived