Passport Renewal with expired VISA

desidesmoines

Hi, I am applying for my Indian passport renewal at Chicago office through postal mail. My visa has expired but I have valid 797. Do I need to fill the 'No status affidavit' or just notarized copy of 797 is enough?

Instructions in the website are confusing in this matter. Someone who have already applied for there passport when their visa is expired, please respond.

Thank You very much for your help.

I was in the same scenario .. and I did nt submit No status Affidavit...I would recommend going in to consulate as they will check all documents before accepting application.. so you will be covered 

Sorry, you are correct. I missed the interview process at consulate before applying at passport application center.

I was in the same scenario .. and I did nt submit No status Affidavit...I would recommend going in to consulate as they will check all documents before accepting application.. so you will be covered 

Thanks raaj for your reply.Yes you're are correct, I read it in many forums that we don't need valid visa for PP renewal so I sent an email to BLS, surprisingly they replied back within 6 hrs mentioning that we don't need to submit any affidavit for that.

Archived