H1B_transfer_current & future employer

naveen209

Hello,

I am seeking some help to make some decision, hope you experts can guide me here.

I am currently working for a company and I have been with them for 4 years. I am offered a new position new my current company but a different department. Meanwhile I am about to hear from another employer about an offer from them.

I have one question:

My current employer is ready to do my H1 transfer so I can start working in the new role and it might take 2-4 weeks for transfer to get approved, meanwhile if I get offer from the other company can I start the transfer process with them while the first transfer is in process? Will there be any conflict or issues? Am I missing any important point here?

Thanks...

If your I-94 is still valid, you can initiate this second transfer. Once approved, you have a choice to join any one of them.

If your I-94 is expired and now you file this second transfer, this comes under bridge petition scenario. Your 1st transfer also needs to be approved along with 2nd transfer - if you want to work for 2nd employer.

Archived