RFE-H1 Extension based on approved I-140 (second time)

srinius

Hi

I have an approved I-140, 2 weeks back applied for extension in premium processing but got RFE. Last Friday received RFE but not sure what was there in it. I am working for an American based company for the past 6 years as a FTE and got approved 140 with the same employer.

I have couple of questions

1. Do my attorney receives a soft copy of RFE?

2. I have asked my attorney about RFE but not getting any response, do they usually won't share the RFE information?

Please help and thanks in advance.

1. No. Only hard copies (to the extent I know).

2. Typically, the matter is handled between the employer and the attorney. The employer may choose to keep you informed but it is at their discretion. My suggestion would be, if your employer is legit (i.e. they can demonstrate the employer-employee relationship), you shouldn't worry. Let them handle it. If you are still curious about the process, you can always ask your employer about it rather than the attorney.

Thank you Rahul and Stonecold.

My current visa expires on June 15th. If I don't get any response by that time, what are my options? I will be out of status?

and in the worst case if the visa got denied, is there any chance that I can retry by changing the employer?

Thanks and please advise

Thank you Rahul and Stonecold.

My current visa expires on June 15th. If I don't get any response by that time, what are my options? I will be out of status?

and in the worst case if the visa got denied, is there any chance that I can retry by changing the employer?

Thanks and please advise

It's not VISA it's petition.You will be in status during your H1 processing time

Yes you can change the employer if your petition is rejected. But once it is rejected then you will be out of status from next day.

Archived