Would like to bring my Family to USA while I am in EAD

Vetrivelkumar

Hello ,

I am working in EAD status Now .  My H1b got Expired . My family is in India.  My family don't have either  EAD or Valid visa.

I would like to bring them here .  Could you please let me know , Is there  any possibility to do that ?

In case if I convert my EAD to H1B status , what about my EAD status ?

Thanks,

Vetri 

Hello ,

I am working in EAD status Now .  My H1b got Expired . My family is in India.  My family don't have either  EAD or Valid visa.

I would like to bring them here .  Could you please let me know , Is there  any possibility to do that ?

In case if I convert my EAD to H1B status , what about my EAD status ?

Thanks,

Vetri 

On H1 you can bring your family but not your parents.

The EAD will be active till expiry and you should consider keeping AP and EAD current at all times. As long as you have a pending AOS you can get the EAD and AP renewed. EAD is not a status. Why was the AOS not filed for them when they were here? You can certainly have any other GC sponsor file for you and retain the PD. You can use AC21 and change jobs in the same field. That could mean your family may not be able to stay. In your position you need to step up and discuss your specifics with a Lawyer who may give you realistic and practical suggestions?

Archived