GC application while on L2

vsa

We understand that a L2 visa holder can indeed have his/her GC applied for. Our question is once a GC is applied while on L2 and later the applicant moves to H1B then does the GC applied earlier continue or one has to start it all over again?

As long as employer is willing to take it forward it should be fine. Or else you have to start from scratch.

@jairichi: I am not sure if I get your point here... if a employer can start fresh why won't he continue with an existing application?... pardon my ignorance on the whole technicality involved.... but do you see any implication for the employer in continuing Vs starting fresh

@jairichi: I am not sure if I get your point here... if a employer can start fresh why won't he continue with an existing application?... pardon my ignorance on the whole technicality involved.... but do you see any implication for the employer in continuing Vs starting fresh

Sorry my reply was confusing. Change in status from one to another will not affect your initial GC petition that was filed on L2 status.

Archived