H1b Change in employer email approval - Consulate Name is blank meaning

HKG

Hi,

My new employer filed H1b in premium a week back in Vermont service center and on 01/24 my attorney got an approval email stating the following with I129 approval.

Classification: H1B
Starting Validity Date: 01/27/2014
Ending Validity Date: 01/26/17
Consulate notified (if applicable):
I-94 # (if applicable): I-94 number

My original I94 is valid until Sep 2015. Now my attorney saying that it would take upto 10 days to get the I797 copy  by mail but with email approval it does not make difference as your I94 is mentioned in email approval and I can join. Also I want to join the employer next week basis the email approval.

Does any one have idea if Consulate notified is blank then would it be I797A?

I know it is always safe to have I797 in hand and thend ecide but I am kind of hurry to join my employer coming week. I have never been out of job and I have my H1b intact maintained with all py stubs untill now.

I admit that I am not expert in immigration so asking to people who actually understand it.

Please advise.

Hi,

My new employer filed H1b in premium a week back in Vermont service center and on 01/24 my attorney got an approval email stating the following with I129 approval.

Classification: H1B

Starting Validity Date: 01/27/2014

Ending Validity Date: 01/26/17

Consulate notified (if applicable):

I-94 # (if applicable): I-94 number

My original I94 is valid until Sep 2015. Now my attorney saying that it would take upto 10 days to get the I797 copy  by mail but with email approval it does not make difference as your I94 is mentioned in email approval and I can join. Also I want to join the employer next week basis the email approval.

Does any one have idea if Consulate notified is blank then would it be I797A?

I know it is always safe to have I797 in hand and thend ecide but I am kind of hurry to join my employer coming week. I have never been out of job and I have my H1b intact maintained with all py stubs untill now.

I admit that I am not expert in immigration so asking to people who actually understand it.

Please advise.

If you were never out of status and all documents were good then you should receive I797A i.e. with I94 and you can start working based on that. But, it does not harm you to wait for the I797 approval notice to reach you or your employer.

Hi Jairichi,

Like I mentioned, I have not received I797 and I want to join basis mail approval, How do I know that whether it is I797A or B.

approval email it has I94 number but no consulate name. Some one toldme that if consulate name is blank then it is I797A.

Can you advise with your expertise.

Hi Jairichi,

Like I mentioned, I have not received I797 and I want to join basis mail approval, How do I know that whether it is I797A or B.

approval email it has I94 number but no consulate name. Some one toldme that if consulate name is blank then it is I797A.

Can you advise with your expertise.

As pontevecchio mentioned and based on your statement I think you should join employer.

Hi,

One more query. I just received I797C; Notice Type: Approval Notice for Dependents (Wife and Daughter). Its a plain paper provides the 

Notice type: Approval Notice

Class: H4

Valid From 01/27/2014 to 01/26/2017.

It also mentioned applicant name as my wife and daughter.

It also says applicant must keep lower part of document with themself with old I94.

but there is not I94 attahced to it at bottom. 

I have following queries:

1. Do you have any Idea the I94 part. or does that means its a notification and the orginal goes to attorney.

2. Does this gurantee issue of I797A for me which will go to lawyer

3. Does USCIS dispatch this notice to my my address and original notice to my attorney same day. I am asking this to find out if my attorney will receiev it by tomorrow morning or will I have to wait few more days.

Hi,

One more query. I just received I797C; Notice Type: Approval Notice for Dependents (Wife and Daughter). Its a plain paper provides the 

Notice type: Approval Notice
Class: H4
Valid From 01/27/2014 to 01/26/2017.

It also mentioned applicant name as my wife and daughter.

It also says applicant must keep lower part of document with themself with old I94.

but there is not I94 attahced to it at bottom. 

I have following queries:

1. Do you have any Idea the I94 part. or does that means its a notification and the orginal goes to attorney.

2. Does this gurantee issue of I797A for me which will go to lawyer

3. Does USCIS dispatch this notice to my my address and original notice to my attorney same day. I am asking this to find out if my attorney will receiev it by tomorrow morning or will I have to wait few more days.

1. Without I94 your wife and daughter has to travel outside US and travel back with a valid H4 visa.

2. It will not guarantee anything.

3. It will be sent only to your employer or attorney.

Archived