Visitor visa when H1 is extension and RFE

ttcsai

Hello,

My husbands H1B expiry was in DEC- 2013 and he filed for extension through his employer and status is RFE and looks like it wont get resolved sooner.

I want to call my parents to USA by March- 2014 thrugh VISITOR VISA(B2) .Wanted to know whether this RFE affects visitor visa approval?

I94 and valid visa copy is one of the sponsor documents.(My husband sponsoring visitor visa for my parents)

Consulate they are planning is Chennai,INDIA.

Please advise.

Hello,

My husbands H1B expiry was in DEC- 2013 and he filed for extension through his employer and status is RFE and looks like it wont get resolved sooner.

I want to call my parents to USA by March- 2014 thrugh VISITOR VISA(B2) .Wanted to know whether this RFE affects visitor visa approval?

I94 and valid visa copy is one of the sponsor documents.(My husband sponsoring visitor visa for my parents)

Consulate they are planning is Chennai,INDIA.

Please advise.

First of all there is no sponsorship involved for visitor visa. Your spouse's status has no bearing on the outcome of your parents' visa process. They need to apply with their own supporting documents and convince VO of their strong ties back to home country, meaning they intend to come back after their visit.

Archived