DOL complaint

kishor_reddy

I was denied pay for 2 months for resigning from my previous employer. He took money for my H1b, so i filed a complaint with DOL and investigation officer is assigned to my case. now my previous employer is scaring me that i will be facing legal problems. 

I denied the H1b fee, however i paid some money and denied the rest. Will DOL consider my that i am involved in illegal activity ? Please suggest.

I was denied pay for 2 months for resigning from my previous employer. He took money for my H1b, so i filed a complaint with DOL and investigation officer is assigned to my case. now my previous employer is scaring me that i will be facing legal problems. 

I denied the H1b fee, however i paid some money and denied the rest. Will DOL consider my that i am involved in illegal activity ? Please suggest.

You should have disclosed details with DOL about paying H1B fee. Hiding of facts is an offense. Talk to a good attorney and act accordingly.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

Previous employer now wants to settle the matter.

Hehe. That's what most of them want to do once they are contacted by DOL...

What they are afraid of is that DOL looks at all their H1 cases. There are probably more people who didn't get paid and who had to pay for the H1.

These shady employers think they can get away with fraud, and they can as long as nobody complains to the authorities.

Tell the DOL officer about this settlement offer. They are likely ok with it. That won't necessarily mean that they would stop investigating the company, of course.

Previous employer now wants to settle the matter. Can i withdraw the complaint i filed ? Can i directly talk to the investigation office for withdrawal of the case.

I am really confused. Please suggest

This is what happens when you fight legally. I would say don't withdraw the compliant.

Previous employer now wants to settle the matter. Can i withdraw the complaint i filed ? Can i directly talk to the investigation office for withdrawal of the case.

I am really confused. Please suggest

Why do you want to withdraw? Let law take its course and make sure that your previous employer gets punished. This will teach your previous employer not to do this to any of his other employees.

Archived