my H1 is approved i hold B1/B2 visa can i travel with that visa--urgent

vasuabcd

i was in USA from 2007-2009 my H1 was filed in 2006..now one employer is filed my H1 under cap exmepted quota

and its approved. i have SSN and Drivers licnce..i hold B1/B2 visa right now now,can i travel on this VISA...after going is it possible to to change that or can i work after travelling on B1/B2 visa

i was in USA from 2007-2009 my H1 was filed in 2006..now one employer is filed my H1 under cap exmepted quota

and its approved. i have SSN and Drivers licnce..i hold B1/B2 visa right now now,can i travel on this VISA...after going is it possible to to change that or can i work after travelling on B1/B2 visa

If your intention is to work for employer you would need to travel to US with a valid H1B visa and I797.

When was your Petition approved?Approved through a consultant?

I have asked a question similar to yours.

I think you can start working on b1/b2 visa after your H1 petition has been approved, thats what the consultants in US say.

You MUST have a valid H-1B I-94 obtained via a COS to work if you have entered on B1/B2.

@vasuabcd: No you cannot do that. You need to have two things: (1) a valid change of status (CoS) I-797 as @t75 and @jairichi have mentioned above, that allows you to transition from B-1/B-2 to valid H-1B status, and then (2) a valid, stamped H-1B visa on the basis of that CoS that allows you to enter the country on that new H-1B status. You cannot enter the US on an earlier stamped B-1/B-2 status if you want to work here as an H-1B, as @pontevecchio has said.

When was your Petition approved?Approved through a consultant?

I have asked a question similar to yours.

I think you can start working on b1/b2 visa after your H1 petition has been approved, thats what the consultants in US say.

No, you can NOT.

Avoid such fraud consultants.

MY H1 is approved in dec 2013...thorough a consultent

right now iam in India...can i travel with B1/B2 visa...my employer told he can change after comeing to USA

is it possible like that...?

The employer would have to file a new I-129 for a COS to H1. And they would have to pay for it.

You can ONLY work when that is approved.

Before that, you can not even go to interviews with clients.

Get an H1 visa. Makes things way easier.

• 3 weeks later...

i attended the visa in chennai(india) they said we need to verify about this company better dont quit your job they told,and they given the passport and along with blue slip...and they took the project detils...so somebody can tell me what will be next step..is my visa is denied for ever? is anyway i will get notification on my visa

i attended the visa in chennai(india) they said we need to verify about this company better dont quit your job they told,and they given the passport and along with blue slip...and they took the project detils...so somebody can tell me what will be next step..is my visa is denied for ever? is anyway i will get notification on my visa

As suggested by others there is high possibility that your consultant was a fraudulent one and that is the reason you got that response from consulate. As of now your visa application is not rejected. It is just put on hold till they can verify how genuine your employer is 

• 9 months later...

HI

my H1 is cleared i got the visa..now my employer is asking for 2 yr contract with them from the day i arrive USA....if i try to break the contrct in that its mentioned i need to pay 20 thousend USD..what are the consequences if i write the contract is anything like that in USA...is it compulsory to pay if i change the employer...as i have valid visa another company is asking me to join after 6 months they told they will contrct tohire me permently..please suggest

HI

my H1 is cleared i got the visa..now my employer is asking for 2 yr contract with them from the day i arrive USA....if i try to break the contrct in that its mentioned i need to pay 20 thousend USD..what are the consequences if i write the contract is anything like that in USA...is it compulsory to pay if i change the employer...as i have valid visa another company is asking me to join after 6 months they told they will contrct tohire me permently..please suggest

If you sign such contract you might be legally bound by it. Find a different employer.

HI

Don't sign such a contract. The employer is clearly a fraud.

Find a better employer.

HI

Find another employer.

i found a new employer they told come to USA as right now iam in india...they will taransfer the h1...if they file new petietion can i trvael on the same visa? as alredy have valid visa for 2yrs

Once new employer's H1B petition is approved you can travel to US with existing valid H1B visa and new employer's I797. Do not think about entering US without getting H1B approved with new employer and having I797 in hand.

i found a new employer they told come to USA as right now iam in india...they will taransfer the h1...if they file new petietion can i trvael on the same visa? as alredy have valid visa for 2yrs

You can travel with the same visa, but you cannot travel before H1 approval if you're going to work for that new employer.

Moreover at POE you need employment letter for verification and 797 from that new employer.

Archived